When we are young, skin routines are generally simple. But as we get older, our skin needs more attention. It can become time-consuming and tiring to maintain. Beautiful, healthy skin needs a lot of work and nutrition, especially as we age or if we are under stress.
Luckily, skincare scientists have found easier and better ways to deliver the right nutrition your skin needs.
Introducing: Face Sheet Masks
Sheet masks are a no-mess and easy way to nourish your skin. There are different masks that cater to your needs, which include purifying, hydrating, or soothing. These masks are made from tissue material soaked with these ingredients depending on the effects you want.
All you need to do is simply apply the mask to your face after cleansing it. Leave it on for around 15 minutes and remove it afterward. No rinsing needed. This means you have the ease of doing a sheet mask anywhere. Don’t forget to pack a facial mask or two while traveling!
Instead of making your life more complicated than it has to be, why not check out our list of favorite best sheet masks? Whether you’re a man or a woman, skincare has become so advanced that using a sheet mask is one of the easiest ways to keep your skin looking radiant and hydrated. They also make cleanup a breeze.
If the names Garnier, Danielle, Hadaka, and Biomiracle are new to you, read on to learn everything about advanced facial mask sheets.
Finding The Best Sheet Mask For Your Skin Type
To choose the best sheet mask, you need to know your skin type. There are four different skin types.
Skin Type 1
- Oily, Severe breakouts all over. This type of skin generally needs a blend of AHA and BHA exfoliants. The benefit can also be found from antiseptic botanicals like lavender, rosemary, ginger, witch hazel, thyme, calendula, and tea tree.
Skin Type 2
- Oiliness or Blackheads throughout the T-zone area of forehead, nose, and chin. This type needs non-drying, pore-clearing exfoliants. A BHA exfoliant will help unclog pores, reduces oil in the T-zone, but also helps soothe dry, rough, or flaky skin.
Skin Type 3
- Normal, Sensitive, Anti Aging. This skin type will be dry in the winter but may also experience a little more oil in the summer. It easily reddens or is sensitive to ingredients in skincare. Ingredients like a combo of Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid help to smooth and exfoliate the skin. Allantoin, Chamomile will help comfort and calm skin. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Hyaluronic Acid, and aloe increase moisture levels in the skin.
Skin Type 4
- Dry, Dull, Aging. This skin type will typically feel dry or tight year-round. It can use a boost to help improve glow and improve skin elasticity. This skin type uses AHA and Peptides to firm and tightens skin. Rosemary, Ginseng, and Red Rice increase oxygen. Pomegranate seed oil, Vitamin C, and Turmeric help the skin to glow.
Garnier Moisture Bomb Pomegranate Hydrating Face Sheet Mask Review
Garnier is a famous mass-market natural cosmetic brand. They create beauty products with natural origin ingredients and patented the first plant-based hair lotion way back in 1904. They continue to extend their product line using more vegan formulas and natural ingredients to promote sustainability and green beauty.
One of the products that they have expanded into includes face sheet masks.
There are five variations of the Garnier moisture bomb sheet masks. They all contain hyaluronic acid and are made from its unique material creating what they call a hydration wrap. A hydration wrap refers to the serious moisture and continuous hydration effect the skin receives from the sheet mask after it is applied.
The Garnier Moisture Bomb Pomegranate Hydrating Face Sheet Mask is the perfect mask for dehydrated skin. Why? It is a water-based mask. This makes it weightless while providing intense hydration without any greasy feeling.
Where else could you find a sheet mask that contains more than a half bottle of pomegranate extract?
Pomegranate seed oil infused in skincare results in healthy glowing skin. This is because of punicic acid, which is an antioxidant-rich natural acid.
Plus, one use of this sheet mask diffuses up to one week’s use of hydrating serum! This makes your skin bouncier, smoother, softer, and healthier looking. Imagine having your skin hydrated continuously for a week just by using it for 15 minutes.
That’s both time and money being saved. A week’s worth of savings!
No wonder it is the #1 best seller in face moisturizing and rejuvenating masks on Amazon. It is also free from mineral oil, petroleum, and parabens. Do remember that this mask is not only for those with dry skin, but also for those with normal skin.
- Intensely rehydrates
- Reduces the look of fine lines
- Revives radiance
- Very generous with the serum
- Contains alcohol
- Some people may find it sticky
Garnier Moisture Bomb Chamomile Hydrating Face Sheet Mask Review
The Garnier Moisture Bomb Chamomile Hydrating face sheet mask is another sheet mask variant of the Garnier SkinActive moisture bombs. This chamomile variant is best for soothing dry skin.
It is similar to the previous face sheet mask discussed since both are hydrating. The difference with this one is that it is for dry skin prone to tightness. So if you have dry and sensitive skin, this one’s for you!
Chamomile helps fight the causes of wrinkles and skin breakouts. It also helps skin irritations such as spots, scars, and breakouts since it is rich in antioxidants.
In terms of its packaging, the instructions on the back are clear. The sheet mask also incorporates two sheets, which is not so common for masks. The Garnier masks have a blue sheet on top that you need to peel off.
Also, when you open the pack, you can see that there is a lot of serum. This is great because you can save the extra serum by dumping it into a clean unused container. That’s another great bonus about this sheet mask, you get that extra serum at an affordable price.
Rarely is a sheet mask for all skin types, but this is the best sheet mask for all skin types including sensitive skin. You can never go wrong with this sheet mask. In just one use, women have agreed in reviews saying that this mask leaves their skin looking its best.
- Gives a more radiant complexion
- Quenches and comforts skin instantly
- Soothes skin
- Water-based providing a non-greasy formula
- Equivalent to 1 week use of moisture bomb day cream
- Mineral oil free
- Paraben free
- Contains alcohol
- Several reviews complain about the sheet mask being small
Danielle Brightening Face Sheet Mask Review
Do you just love staying under the sun? Are you one of those people who loves to go to the beach? It’s been well documented that exposure to sunlight brings some unwanted effects to the skin as you age. This includes sunspots, dullness, or dryness.
If you need that extra help from sun damage, this sheet mask is for you!
Danielle Creations is a brand that started with cosmetic bags and beauty accessories in the UK. They later created a range of beauty products including face sheet masks. One of the face sheet masks that has come to light is the Danielle brightening face sheet mask.
The Danielle brightening face sheet mask helps reduce redness and inflammation. It contains many ingredients that boost the skin’s softness and suppleness. This includes aloe vera and fruit extracts.
The mask is made from a unique fabric blend that hugs your face effectively. The special fabric allows your skin to breathe while absorbing the ingredients at the same time.
What we love about the Danielle brightening face sheet mask is that it contains Vitamin C. Vitamin C has many beneficial effects on skin cells. It also helps prevent UV-induced damaged, which is why this mask is best for those experiencing sun-damaged skin. The bottom line is that Vitamin C can even out skin tone and give you a healthy, confident glow.
These Danielle mask sheets are usually sold out since they have gained popularity because of its great effects.
- Leaves skin supple and soft
- Free from paraben and pigment
- Reduces sun damages
- Reduces redness and inflammation
- May have less leftover serum in the packet compared to others
Hadaka Gold Mask Reviews
If you plan to invest in yourself, then try these 24 karat gold masks by Hakada. It certainly is worth the investment.
Gold masks have suddenly become popular but have been used throughout millennia to keep skin youthful. Gold has natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties making it a great ingredient for skincare. It also slows down collagen depletion. This helps prevent skin sagging.
These Hakada gold masks are the perfect quick fix!
There are different varieties of Hadaka gold sheet masks. They are:
- 24KT Gold Face Mask
- The 24KT gold face masks promote a healthier, younger, and firm skin in just 15 minutes. Gold helps slow down signs of aging and helps soothes inflamed and irritated skin. This is why gold face masks gained its popularity — because of its almost immediate results.
- 24KT Gold Eye Mask
- Say goodbye to red puffy eyes, wrinkles, and eye bags. The 24KT gold eye mask will help make your eyes feel brighter and hydrated. With its size that provides convenience and glam at the same time, this is perfect for your flight! Feel refreshed and glowing when you arrive at your destination.
- 24KT Gold Lip Mask
- These 24KT gold lip masks are best used for prep before going out on an event (or on a date). For the best results, it is recommended to use this lip mask weekly. All you need to do is apply it on for 20 minutes and you will feel the results afterward. Your lips become softer, smoother, plumped, and hydrated.
They are sold individually per variety or sold in a pack of five. There is also a set available that contains all three different masks. Each of these masks do not require rinsing afterward.
Hadaka gold masks contain 24KY nano gold, hydraulic acid, vitamin A, and collagen. It is also formulated with antioxidants such as plump and grape seed extracts.
The Hakada gold masks also contain the following active ingredients:
- Activated Gold
- This is the highlight of the mask itself. Activated gold has antioxidant properties that help promote the metabolism of skin cells. It also helps in hydrating and maintaining the moisture levels of the skin. Furthermore, gold protects the skin from sun damage since it lessens the production of melanin caused by sunlight exposure.
- Glycerin is a great ingredient for moisturizing since it creates a barrier that prevents the loss of moisture.
- Propylene glycol
- Another compound that retains moisture is propylene glycol. This is an organic compound that helps active ingredients enter the skin for better absorption.
- Although collagen is naturally produced by the body, it is still an ingredient of the Hadaka gold mask. Collagen helps the skin look firmer and smoother. It stimulates the repair and renewal of skin cells.
- Oat Peptide
- Oat peptide is another ingredient that retains moisture. It also has healing properties that help soothe the inflammation and redness of the skin.
With all these ingredients in a mask, what else are you looking for? These masks are perfect for all skin types! With the use of Hadaka gold masks, you will feel refreshed and hydrated.
- Moisturizes and hydrates the skin
- Promotes skin elasticity
- Helps rebuild collagen
- Helps reduce fine lines
- Some people may find it pricy compared to other masks
BioMiracle Anti Aging And Moisturizing Face Mask Sheet Review
BioMiracle is a well-known manufacturer of health and beauty products. They provide cosmetic products in the USA and Europe and have also expanded to Asia. The product that has made their company famous is the BioMiracle Facial Mask.
Also referred to as the world’s best disposable mask, the BioMiracle anti aging and moisturizing face mask sheet is one of the masks that has many positive reviews. Most people say that the mask is very effective in lifting the skin giving it a botox looking effect in just a few minutes. Imagine having a botox effect after a few minutes and at a very cheaper cost.
There are six variations of the Biomiracle anti aging and moisturizing face mask sheets. All the variations have the same thing in common when it comes to offering that instant lifting effect. They also help prevent wrinkles and reduce fine lines. The difference with these variations help address the specific needs of each individual whether it be brightening, soothing, hydrating, and more. They include:
- The Coenzyme Q10 variant is for those who want to increase the elasticity effect on their skin. Also, this helps in preventing wrinkles.
- Green tea
- If your concerns include fine lines and wrinkles, the green tea variant is recommended. It is also perfect for those with dry skin.
- Similar to the effects of green tea, the rose variant also helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It tightens and lifts the skin as well. But this variant is best for those with sensitive skin.
- Vitamin C
- For brightening and moisturizing effects as your main target, this one is for you. This has 5 counts of vitamin C in each face mask sheet. It is made from collagen essence and is also safe to use every single day. If you have combination skin with hydrating or wrinkle problems, this vitamin C mask is a must.
- This kind is perfect for those who need hydrating and moisturizing. The aloe variant also helps in minimizing and reducing wrinkles and fine lines effectively. This mask is perfect for sensitive skin.
- From the name itself, the brightening variant of the BioMiracle mask helps in brightening the skin, which provides an instant renewal effect.
Because of its effective lifting effects, some people who have been using the face mask sheet apply the extra serum on their breasts and chests.
Another great thing about this mask is that it is safe for you to use them every single day.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightens skin texture
- Promotes a firming effect
- Available in different variants depending on your needs
- Some people find it confusing to choose between the six varieties
- Lifting results do not last as long as Botox
Sheet Masks for Men
Sheet masks are not just for women. Men are increasingly using sheet masks as an easy, quick way to keep their skin healthy and looking youthful.
Bro Mask Review
When someone mentions the words’ skincare’ or ‘sheet masks,’ men usually run for the hills or turn up their nose in disgust. Most men only think that taking care of your skin is a women’s activity. And “real men” don’t need to take care of their face and take on the elements without protection.
But guys, it’s actually the opposite. It would be best if you had skincare and sheet masks more than the women do. The testosterone in our blood makes your skin thicker, oilier, and more acne-prone than women’s skin. But don’t worry, we won’t be telling you to rummage through your girlfriend’s skincare kit. Instead, we’re going to tell you all about the Bro Mask made by Jaxon Lane.
The Bro Mask is made of 100 percent hydrogel, which adheres much better to the skin than cotton, which most masks are made. It hydrates and supplies the skin with active ingredients much more efficiently than those cotton masks. The hydrogel is used by wound doctors to administer medication and facilitate healing, and your face will be hydrated and covered by the same delivery system.
- Fast-acting mask.
- Cheap way to keep your skin healthy.
- This mask will help you relax.
- Closes pores
- Skin revitalization
- Reduces skin oil production
- Bacteria can easily grow in it.
- This may not be the only mask you need.
HETIME Revitalizing & Hydrating Face Mask Review
When you walk through the men’s section aisle of the beauty store, you may notice that it is significantly smaller than the women’s. And that there is a severe lack of sheet masks made for men. Forcing men all over to steal from the sheet masks from the women of their lives. But the problem there is, men’s skin needs are far different from that of a woman’s.
Dubbed as the “first time machine for your face!” by their creators, the HETIME revitalizing and hydrating face mask promises to return your skin to its younger self. Men’s skin is usually thinker and has a higher collagen density compared to women. Because of this, men don’t develop wrinkles as fast as women do, but when they do, it’s deeper and more stubborn.
- Great for guys on the go.
- Double up
- It helps you relax.
- Promotes skin hydration.
- Gives your skin a new kind of glow.
- Reduces your face’s fine lines.
- You probably need more than one mask.
- Bacteria can easily grow in it.
- You probably need an application tool.
Wolf Project Sheet Mask Review
A few years back, skin care was not widely made for men. However, that has evolved into very precise skin care made for the needs of men’s skin. Men have different needs than women so they should have their own skin care.
First of all, men’s skin care tends not to be loaded with fragrance. You’ll usually find skin care for men generally has a light, fresh scent. There is more of an emphasis put on ingredients than on fragrance. Natural ingredients like ginger, charcoal, and tea trees are important additions to men’s skincare.
With the emphasis on pure ingredients, sheet masks are able to give almost instantaneous results with the first time use. You do not have to worry about bottles and jars of serums and creams. No need for any more sink clutter. Put on the mask, wait 15 minutes and throw it away. The packs are slim and easily store discreetly under the cabinet.
In a bid to make skin care for men better and easier, the Wolf Project mission is to bring men the highest quality skin products that will make you proud to use. This makes sheet masks even more relevant for men looking to improve their skin health and slow the signs of aging.
- In just 15 minutes this sheet mask helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while deeply hydrating, soothing, and softening the skin.
- The bamboo charcoal sheet is infused with natural plant extracts to quickly absorb into the skin.
- 95% natural-based ingredients. Clean, safe & effective
- Clean, refreshing ingredients.
- Lightweight, residue-free, and non-greasy feel.
- Designed in Switzerland.
- Unclog pores.
- Absorbs environmental pollutants, dirt, and oil.
- Also great for men not into male beauty products.
- A pre-built mask means no mixing and no mess.
- Looks and feels better after the first treatment *as reported by users.
- Really not much. It lives up to its promises. If we have to find something, we’d say that for men already using a dedicated skin care routine of face wash, serums and lotion, they may not see as many results.
LAPCOS Charcoal Sheet Mask Review
Lately, in the beauty scene, activated charcoal has become a common ingredient. You’ll find it in items ranging from soaps and scrubs to skin cleansers and shampoos. Activated charcoal has also become a common ingredient in face masks since it has been claimed that it can draw bacteria and impurities from the skin.
While salicylic acid has been a staple in the skincare industry, it has been used to treat acne, facial warts, blackheads, and whiteheads. Salicylic acid dissolves any dead skin cells, dirt, and pollutants that may have been trapped in your pores.
The LAPCOS Charcoal sheet mask does all this and more. With salicylic acid, it breaks down the impurities from your pores, and with activated charcoal, it pulls out all the oil, dirt, and bacteria from your skin. As it pulls out all the impurities, it infuses your skin with the nourishment of tea tree extract. It is giving you a smooth and supple skin in just 20 minutes.
- Charcoal is not a harmful substance.
- You get immediate results.
- This mask is made of all-natural ingredients.
- Exfoliates your skin.
- Great treatment for acne.
- Detoxify your skin.
- The product is too aggressive.
- It’s not for sensitive skin.
Cel Nanotech Stem Cell Face Mask Review
We really are in the future now, huh? From the ancient methods of using snail slime to using cutting-edge technology to use nanotech and stem cells, skincare science has come a long way from its humble roots.
When we hear the words “stem cells” or “nanotech,” you may imagine science fiction concepts that can only be seen in comic books or movies. But friends, this technology is no longer stuck in the pages of a comic book or a movie screen. The folks over at Cel have been hard at work to deliver you the future of skincare right in the comfort of your own home.
Now while the Cel Nanotech Stem Cell Face Mask is the sheet mask of the future, this product won’t hold your wallet back. This sheet mask is so futuristic. In fact, it makes your skin look ten years younger. It’s like a time machine for your face!
- Naturally made.
- Gives you more glowing skin.
- It helps in healing acne scars.
- It helps you relax.
- Anti-aging effects
- Detoxifies effectively.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
- It can get very messy.
How To Use Your Sheet Mask
By now, you should probably know what skin type you have and what you want for your skin. You may have already been eyeing our list of best sheet masks that we have reviewed. Now, it is time to learn how to use your sheet masks. Using sheet masks incorrectly may lessen results.
The most common mistake in using a sheet mask is face washing after use. Could you imagine applying serum to your face, leaving it on for a couple of minutes and washing them after? These sheet masks are the same idea.
Here’s the proper way to use your sheet mask to make sure you receive all those amazing benefits:
Refrigerate your sheet mask. Either store in your refrigerator or put your sheet mask in the refrigerator 1 hour before using it. This provides that extra cooling and soothing effect that will make you feel relaxed. Plus, a cooled sheet mask helps reduce puffiness.
Prior to wearing your mask, deeply cleanse your skin. It is important to remove your make up and get rid of the dirt. Some people consider double cleansing before wearing a mask. This makes the skin free from all the dirt and toxins. This also ensures better absorption of nutrients and ingredients from the sheet mask’s serum.
Once you are done cleansing your face, open the packet and apply the sheet mask on your face. Make sure to have it in line with your features. Lightly press the sheet mask under your eyes, around your nose, and jawline. Make sure that the sheet mask has full contact with your skin. Leave the mask on for the amount of time directed on the packaging.
For a general rule of thumb, leave it for around 20 minutes. Most sheet mask packets have some extra serum left in the bottom. You can apply it on your neck, chest or wherever your skin needs a little more love and attention.
Once 20 minutes is over or when you feel that the product has absorbed in your skin, remove the mask. Once again, use the excess serum from the mask and massage it to any desired area. Remember not to rinse your face and the areas that you have decided to add the extra serum.
Here’s another tip: Pay attention to the environment where you plan to wear your mask. It can be anywhere you are comfortable. Most people choose their beds or sofa so they can lie down and relax while having the mask on. (This also prevents you from scaring other people while wearing the mask.)
Finding the best sheet mask depends on your skin type. It varies for each individual whether a person has sensitive, dry, normal, or combination skin. This means that the most effective way of finding the best sheet mask is to determine your skin type and see how you react to the ingredients.
When deciding what sheet mask is right for you, read what others say in sheet mask reviews. How many stars does a product have? You typically will want to stay away from anything that is only 3 stars or less. Look for products that have 4-5 stars.
Never sacrifice the quality of sheet masks. If eating organic is important to you, choose the best sheet mask with organic or natural ingredients.
Remember that what works for others may not work for you but reading reviews on the likes and dislikes on a sheet mask review will give you a better idea of results. Select the sheet mask that has the qualities your skin needs.
Once you have found the mask that works great for your skin type, make sure you always have a couple on hand to get that boost your skin needs.